Meet the Host
I started the brunch over 8 years ago and the reason I’ve continued is because of YOU! No really! I’ve met some incredible women over the years and had great conversations, laughter, and even some tears. Each time I walk into a room full of women who are all dressed up, having a great time, meeting new girlfriends and snapping pictures, I’m over the moon with joy. I’m always so hopeful someone will leave smiling harder than when they came, meet a new friend or two, or made a connection that will forever impact their lives. As long as you continue to show up, I will continue to show up for you!
When it all started, I had no idea this whole thing would spread like it has to date – 4 cities and even an international presence in the Bahamas. I simply wanted girlfriends to connect. A dream come true.
Our growth throughout the years could not have happened without the support of my amazing husband Marc and many dear friends and supporters. I’m blessed beyond measure and don’t take it lightly. For real – no kidding! When I’m not hosting brunches, I am enjoying my role as an events and operations manager for two amazing organizations, volunteering at my church, spending time with friends and family, and brunching every chance I get, lol!
I can’t wait to meet you in a city near you!
One day after lunch, my sister-friends and I wondered aloud, “What happened to those old-fashioned Spring teas?”
We all remember them; you know the ones where you put on your best spring dress, perhaps a silly hat, and even gloves if the spirit moved you. The events where you could have a variety tea sandwiches, tea cakes, scones, or biscuits. There were always lots of women you may or may not have known, but for a few hours, you were all the same. You could all laugh or cry, and most of all, you would share the stories of your lives.
Most of all, when did we become too cool to be girly?
When we all agreed that we loved spending time with each other (while simultaneously being fabulous), the Sundress & Big Hat Brunch™ was born. We love to have a good time, but we also want to be good citizens and party with a purpose. So a portion of the proceeds from the brunch support causes we believe in.
Why should you attend one of our brunches?
The absolute best reason to attend is
If that doesn’t move you, here are a few more reasons to join in on the fun:
- It’s an annual tradition women look forward to and invite their girlfriends each year.
- We raise money for worthy causes — stay tuned for this year’s cause!
- Everyone needs a few hours away from distractions and ever-growing to-do lists.
- It’s an occasion to dress up and wear big hats … need we say more?
- We can be girlfriends — we share laughter, encouraging stories and amazing memories.
- It’s a great place and opportunity to meet new people and expand each other’s horizons.
- This brunch is a long-term investment in the community and a great cause.
- It’s an immediate investment in yourself! Revel in the joy of being girly, play games, laugh, listen to inspirational stories and be uplifted.