One day after lunch, my sister-friends and I wondered about, “What happened to those old-fashioned Spring teas?”
You know the ones — where you put on your best Spring dress, perhaps a silly hat, and even gloves, if the spirit moved you. The events where you could have a variety tea sandwiches, tea cakes, scones, or biscuits. There were always lots of women you may or may not have known, but for a few hours you were all the same. You could all laugh or cry, and most of all, you would share the stories of your lives.
Most of all, when did we become too cool to be girly?
When we all agreed that we loved spending time with each other (while simultaneously being fabulous), the Sundress And Big Hat Brunch was born. We love to have a good time, but we also want to be good citizens and party with a purpose.
Your best reason to attend is YOU! If that doesn’t move you, here are a few more reasons to join in on the fun:
- It’s an annual tradition women look forward to and invite their girlfriends each year.
- We raise money for worthy causes — stay tuned for this year’s cause!
- Everyone needs a few hours away from distractions and ever-growing to-do lists.
- It’s an occasion to dress up and wear big hats… need we say more?
- We can be girlfriends — we share laughter, encouraging stories and amazing memories.
- It’s a great place and opportunity to meet new people and expand each other’s horizons.
- This brunch is a long-term investment in community and a great cause.
- It’s an immediate investment in yourself! Revel in the joy of being girly, play games, laugh, listen to inspirational stories and be uplifted.